Popular Posts

Saturday 23 April 2011

Boiled egg : lost and found

I often take a boiled egg to work. Packed as it is in its natural packaging it is quick and easy to boil it up, throw it in my carry bag, butter some bread, wrap it, and voila!! A protein sandwich for lunch. The carry bags I take lunch to work in, are those environmentally friendly shoulder bags most of which are easy to launder and hard wearing. I have one, however, that is stitched imperfectly and when the stitching lets me down a hole appears, always, initially, undetected by me.

One morning, about a year ago, I arrived at work with my environmentally friendly shoulder bag, with its secret hole, and on my way across the car park lost an apple, which I soon retrieved. Later in the day when I read my emails, however, it occurred to me that the apple was not all I'd lost. The e mail  read: "Boiled egg found inside the back door. If it's yours please collect from  reception."

I bravely retrieved it from the reception desk and yet was asked by a colleague in the school corridor later in the day: "Did you get your egg?" How did she know?

No comments:

Post a Comment